The Chinese government swiftly blocked access Friday morning to the English-language and Chinese-language Web sites of The New York Times from computers in mainland China in response to an article in both languages describing wealth accumulated by the family of the country’s prime minister.
The authorities were also blocking attempts to mention The Times or the prime minister, Wen Jiabao, in posts on Sina Weibo, an extremely popular mini-blogging service in China that resembles Twitter.
The Foreign Ministry spokesman on duty in Beijing early Friday morning did not answer phone calls seeking comment.
» via The New York Times (Subscription may be required for some content)
- geepeestuff reblogged this from infoneer-pulse
- ideagenerationmdp likes this
- theheightsofmachupicchu likes this
- evolutia likes this
- evolutia reblogged this from infoneer-pulse
- zombieboyshareshisthoughts likes this
- zombieboyshareshisthoughts reblogged this from infoneer-pulse
- infoneer-pulse posted this