It’s nearly a plot line from the movies: World’s largest oil producer gets hit by a cyber-attack that threatens to wipe away all data from its internal computers. But largely, this is the situation Saudi Aramco described today.
The Saudi Arabia-based, industry leader released a statement confirming roughly 30,000 workstations were affected via cyber attack in mid-August. Details beyond that were scarce—Saudi Aramco said the virus “originated from external sources” and that their investigation into it was ongoing. There was no mention of whether this was related to this month’s Shamoon attacks.
» via ars technica
- damdrake likes this
- journo-geekery reblogged this from infoneer-pulse
- achaoticmasterpiece reblogged this from infoneer-pulse
- achaoticmasterpiece likes this
- nymphomancer reblogged this from a-huge-burrito
- tonypops likes this
- a-huge-burrito reblogged this from infoneer-pulse
- omnipotentseal likes this
- morethanjustcode reblogged this from infoneer-pulse
- infoneer-pulse posted this