Google Inc, Amazon.com Inc, eBay Inc, Facebook Inc and other big Internet companies are starting a trade association to handle political and regulatory issues in Washington, a person close to the group said on Wednesday.
The Internet Association, which will open its doors in September, will act as a unified voice for major Internet companies, said President Michael Beckerman, a former advisor to the chairman of the U.S. House of Representatives’ Energy and Commerce Committee.
Beckerman would not identify the association’s members or discuss which issues the group will focus on. But the source confirmed that leading members were Google, Amazon, eBay and Facebook.
» via Reuters
- pod313 reblogged this from journo-geekery
- latoyapeterson reblogged this from journo-geekery
- minivation reblogged this from appvisor
- modernmatthew likes this
- whxhyunwoo likes this
- aatombomb likes this
- journo-geekery reblogged this from infoneer-pulse
- appvisor reblogged this from infoneer-pulse
- appvisor likes this
- evolveandprosper said: Wonderful. All the massive companies can join forces and merge into a mega pile of lobby shit.
- epopeyadechuy reblogged this from epopeyadechuy
- ahandsomestark reblogged this from infoneer-pulse
- ahandsomestark likes this
- voicebuyvoip likes this
- crazygm reblogged this from infoneer-pulse
- infoneer-pulse posted this