Skype, the online phone service long favored by political dissidents, criminals and others eager to communicate beyond the reach of governments, has expanded its cooperation with law enforcement authorities to make online chats and other user information available to police, said industry and government officials familiar with the changes.
Surveillance of the audio and video feeds remains impractical — even when courts issue warrants, say industry officials with direct knowledge of the matter. But that barrier could eventually vanish as Skype becomes one of the world’s most popular forms of telecommunication.
» via Washington Post
- liquidhell reblogged this from infoneer-pulse
- officialskyreign reblogged this from infoneer-pulse and added:
- officialskyreign likes this
- serendipityschild reblogged this from infoneer-pulse
- serendipityschild likes this
- gadaboutgreen reblogged this from infoneer-pulse
- infoneer-pulse posted this