The Flame computer virus is not only capable of espionage but it can also sabotage computer systems and likely was used to attack Iran in April, according to a leading security company, Symantec Corp.
Iran had previously blamed Flame for causing data loss on computers in the country’s main oil export terminal and Oil Ministry. But prior to Symantec’s discovery, cyber experts had only unearthed evidence that proved the mysterious virus was capable of espionage.
Symantec researcher Vikram Thakur said on Thursday that the company has now identified a component of Flame that allows operators to delete files from computers.
» via MSNBC
- nebmedia reblogged this from infoneer-pulse
- can-enginerd reblogged this from infoneer-pulse
- tec-pros reblogged this from journo-geekery
- businessoutsider reblogged this from journo-geekery
- nonohxyesiam likes this
- rev320productions likes this
- journo-geekery reblogged this from infoneer-pulse
- dnhwebservices likes this
- linearfix likes this
- winstonwolfe likes this
- kenyatta likes this
- juliefredrickson likes this
- tanya77 reblogged this from techspotlight and added:
- techerous reblogged this from infoneer-pulse
- techspotlight reblogged this from infoneer-pulse
- fregg reblogged this from zombieboyshareshisthoughts
- zombieboyshareshisthoughts reblogged this from infoneer-pulse
- infoneer-pulse posted this