Grades of ‘F’ in four core subjects at Central Falls’ Calcutt Middle School are not enough to hold students back, according to teachers who claim they were ordered to pass the failing students onto high school.
The controversy over what is known as ‘retention’ provoked a series of emails between Calcutt’s 8th grade team and the school’s incoming principal, David Alba.
“To be clear,” Alba responded in one of the emails. “The change I have made to the Calcutt retention policy is not a matter up for debate.”
» via WPRI
- ramanujiggy reblogged this from hamletstragicflaw and added:
- hamletstragicflaw reblogged this from infoneer-pulse and added:
- cumorrigu reblogged this from infoneer-pulse
- climateadaptation likes this
- infoneer-pulse posted this