A major cyber attack is currently under way aimed squarely at computer networks belonging to US natural gas pipeline companies, according to alerts issued to the industry by the US Department of Homeland Security.
At least three confidential “amber” alerts – the second most sensitive next to “red” – were issued by DHS beginning March 29, all warning of a “gas pipeline sector cyber intrusion campaign” against multiple pipeline companies. But the wave of cyber attacks, which apparently began four months ago – and may also affect Canadian natural gas pipeline companies – is continuing.
» via MSNBC
- murmursofearth likes this
- stumblrfumblr reblogged this from infoneer-pulse
- snagamat reblogged this from infoneer-pulse and added:
- snagamat likes this
- emergentseas said: what is this 1982, why are there dangerous and essential components of infrastructure connected to the public internet?! durrr
- infoneer-pulse posted this