A new analysis of user comments on the Facebook page of academic libraries indicates that most students “appear to reject connecting with their libraries on Facebook.”
The study, which appears in the current issue of D-Lib Magazine, by Michalis Gerolimos of the Alexander Technological Educational Institute in Thessaloniki, Greece, examined 3,513 posts on the Facebook pages of 20 U.S. academic libraries.
Significantly, Gerolimos found that 91 percent of the posts did not generate any comments, and the few comments that do appear are primarily by library personnel rather than by faculty or students.
» via DIgital Shift
- 01ph likes this
- calimae reblogged this from thelifeguardlibrarian and added:
- pantherofroughstorms likes this
- librarianpirate likes this
- alpha-lima-lima-papa reblogged this from thelifeguardlibrarian and added:
- corporatedread reblogged this from thelifeguardlibrarian and added:
- corporatedread likes this
- learnforlife likes this
- dijutaltim reblogged this from infoneer-pulse
- thelifeguardlibrarian reblogged this from infoneer-pulse
- zadrozny said: duh?
- infoneer-pulse posted this