Law enforcement and military officials are increasingly using secret devices sometimes called “stingrays” to locate people via their cellphones, even when the phones aren’t in use, the Wall Street Journal reported recently. But finding people isn’t all that this type of gear can do.
These types of machines mimic a cell tower and cause your phone to connect to the machine instead of a real cellular site. Once that happens, there’s a lot that can be done to your phone.
» via The Wall Street Journal (Subscription may be required for some content)
- chrischelberg reblogged this from infoneer-pulse
- reverseengineering reblogged this from journo-geekery and added:
- laced-in-purple reblogged this from journo-geekery
- shaffle reblogged this from journo-geekery
- journo-geekery reblogged this from infoneer-pulse
- precomz likes this
- freshtracksinc likes this
- larssss likes this
- repo-thedj reblogged this from artpunkrevolution
- artpunkrevolution likes this
- infoneer-pulse posted this